Visiting Media Requests
Written Media & Videographer Requests
All Media Requests Should Be Sent To Dino Oberto at least 7 Days In Advance of the Event You Wish To Cover.
ALL Media Members Submitting Requests Must Provide Current E Mail Address, Phone Number and The Affiliation you are Covering For.
Email Your Requests To Dino or use the Contact Form:
2017 Mahoning Valley Speedway Photographer Rules
To all photographers who plan to shoot the races at Mahoning Valley Speedway this season we Thank You and ask you to follow the requirements expected of you as professionals.
A) The official track photographer is Walter Smith. Upon arrival at the track please take the time to check in with Walt so there is communication among all attending photographers.
B) All Photographers that sign in must be affiliated with an accredited media outlet.
Requests for track credentials will be addressed in the following manner.
1) A formal hard copy sent to the speedway by your media outlet source via email as early as possible prior to the event you are planning to attend.
2) Requests on race day may not be accepted due to timing constraints but will not be unreasonably denied.
3) If you are planning to be at the track on a regular basis please have your request in no later than April 1, 2017. Afterwards you will be listed on our “Media list” and good to go for the season.
4) All requests will be at the discretion of track management.
5) All credentialed photographers must wear a mandatory Safety Vest NO EXCEPTIONS.
6) Please note that there may be restricted areas at times for shooting due to safety and insurance reasons. There are various shooting areas in and around the track. If you would like to have a “special shot” please see Dino Oberto and we will do our best to make arrangements if possible.
7) As a guest photographer you will be asked to submit at least four (4) photos per week to Dino Oberto via email for the speedway’s weekly program book. Please have submissions in by Sunday evening following Saturday night races.
8) The selling of photos by other photographers on grounds of is strictly prohibited and is exclusive to Mahoning Valley Speedway track photographer Walt Smith only. This includes ALL areas of the speedway (i.e. pits, grandstands, parking lot, etc.). If anyone is found selling their photos on the grounds you will be asked to leave and lose your credentials for the remainder of the season.
We gladly offer all credentialed photographers the opportunity to work with Walt Smith and sell their photos at the Mahoning Valley Speedway photo booth. We hope you understand that being the MVS track photographer is a full time job and should be respected by visiting photographers.
We ask that everyone works and acts in a professional manner.
Thank you for your interest in Mahoning Valley Speedway and we look forward to seeing you this year.
Mahoning Valley Speedway PR/Announcer Mahoning Valley speedway
*Mahoning Valley Speedway and it's Management and Media Department has the Right to Approve or Deny any Media Request at It's Discretion.